Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi
Name of EPR Director: Vincenzo Barbante
Name of EPR Centre Coordinator: Renzo Andrich, Senior Researcher, email@example.com
Mission & Vision
Providing high-quality health care, rehabilitation, assisted living and independent living services to people with disabilities of any age, especially those with the most severe disabilities, according to the person-centred approach envisaged by the founder don Carlo Gnocchi.
We aim at developing and deploying our services on the basis of a “continuity of care” paradigm within the national health and social care framework, while staying loyal to the inspiration of the founder and the charity principles of the Christian faith. We pursue this vision along three dimensions:
- the solidarity dimension, by looking at the individual person’s needs as the top priority in the daily work of our personnel;
- the scientific-technical dimension, by pursuing excellence and maximising the effectiveness and the outcome of our interventions, also thanks to significant investment in scientific research and technical innovation;
- the management/organisational dimension, by investing in the personnel’s continuous education and aiming at efficient and well-coordinated work processes, and seeking solid economic sustainability schemes that are consistent with the non-for-profit nature of the Foundation.
- Children and young people, with developmental disorders or disabilities related to congenital or acquired diseases;
- Adults of any age, with disabilities resulting from injuries or from orthopedic, neurological, cardio-respiratory and oncological diseases;
- Persons in need of high-intensity care and rehabilitation support such as non-self sufficient elderly person, persons with dementia, persons with severe acquired brain damages (minimally consciousness conditions), terminal patients;
- Persons with intellectual disabilities who need rehabilitation interventions and support for participation in school, at work and in society.
Areas of Expertise
- Social Care and Independent Living
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Assistive Technologies (AT) and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Quality of service
Social and rehabilitation services
- Healthcare and Rehabilitation activities
- Social Welfare
- Scientific research
Areas of excellence and innovative services
- Management of severe brain injuries, spasticity, dystonia, multiple sclerosis, ALS and Parkinson’s disorders
- Rehabilitation of people who had heart transplants
- Management of respiratory difficulties of all neuromuscular diseases
- Innovative protocols for severe brain injuries and stroke (neuro-imaging and motor relearning techniques)
- Extended experience with botulinum toxin and the use of gait analysis to help design appropriate clinical paths for severe spasticity
- Functional surgery for patients who can benefit from this treatment
- Robot-assisted rehabilitation and tele-rehabilitation
- Innovative ways to support people in need of care who cannot rely any longer on their families, through residential, assisted living and independent living facilities.
- Assistive technology assessment (AT) and information
- The Foundation operates the National Assistive Technology Database (SIVA) and leads the European Assistive Technology Information System (EASTIN).
Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation
Piazzale Rodolfo Morandi 6