Name of EPR Director: Teresa Orihuela Villameriel
Name of EPR Centre Coordinator: Pablo Sánchez Pérez, Manager Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission & Vision
INTRAS is a Spanish non-for-profit organisation, founded in 1994, dedicated to high quality research and intervention in the mental health field. Currently, the organisation is conformed by 10 centres in 6 different provinces of Spain with more than 120 psychiatrists, psychologists and professionals from social and economic fields carrying out research, training and clinical practice. INTRAS aims at being a strong, responsible and sustainable organisation, and a professional reference in the sector of service provision to people with disabilities and health problems, in particular people with mental health challenges. Its work focus in labour inclusion of people with disabilities, developing IT services that can better meet their needs, including elderly people with disabilities.
- Main target: people suffering from social exclusion due to mental health conditions.
- In general, people with disabilities, the elderly and people at risk of social exclusion.
Areas of Expertise
- Social Care and Independent Living
- Mental Health and well-being
- Assistive Technologies (AT) and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Person-centredness and co-production
- Quality of Life
- Quality of service
Social and Rehabilitation Services
INTRAS’ services and programmes are based on the Recovery approach, thus empowering people with mental health issues to live a self-determined and self-confident life through reflecting their potential wishes and providing them with vocational training and employability programmes accordingly. INTRAS develop activities and offer different services for their target groups such as psycho social and labour rehabilitation programmes, occupational and vocational training, pre-labour workshops, counselling and professional guidance, social employment, etc. INTRAS knoz people do recover and live fulfilling and contributing lives, even when their symptoms persist. Therefore, INTRAS pay special attention and listen to the voice of their target groups demanding new programs and activities in order to provide services taking into account the possibilities of each person and providing people with resources to empower them to be protagonist of their recovery process and thus of their own life.
Areas of excellence and innovative services
- Quality assurance: INTRAS is the only organisation working in the field of mental health on its region that has received the EFQM certificate (European Foundation for Quality Management) for business excellence. Since 2011, INTRAS holds a European Excellency Seal +400.
- Employment: INTRAS has a social company fully managed by people with mental health issues. The company has developed different business lines meeting the interests and competences of people recovering from mental illness. They are offered vocational training and labour opportunities to work in our social firm or get a job in a standard enterprise. As a result, some of them are now working in the field of graphic arts or leading a musical band, others have launched a catering firm, some have a job selling and maintaining e-bikes, others work in the field of gardening and horticulture, etc.
- Peer Support: INTRAS enable individuals who have experience mental health problems to become personal assistants to those who are currently living with similar difficulties. It has set up a personal assistance service provided by people with mental health issues who are in the process of recovery from their illness. Peer support system shows that people living with mental health challenges have skills, strengths and qualities that they can use to support their own recovery and that of others.
- EU Projects: Years of professional work have brought INTRAS solid experience and excellent referential background both in the management of EU projects (more than 25 developed in the last 5 years) and in the development of innovative actions for psycho social and labour rehabilitation of people with mental health issues. It has broad experience in cooperating at international level, not only by participating at EU projects, but also been active members of relevant networks in the field of disability
Santa Lucía, 19
1ª planta Edificio Intercima